Monday 26 May 2014

Happy Bank Holiday (again)!


Hi there

Well the storm clouds over the Welsh mountains signal another bank holiday here in England.  I hope that however you spend the day you have a lovely one!

 

What's Happening?

I've got a busy week here in Bella's World; a small operation on Friday put paid to any writing getting done right over the weekend, so I'm now four chapters behind schedule with my work in progress, so I've got lots of catching up to do there.  I've been having great fun making cards for a craft stall which will be at at Smut by the Sea 2014 in Scarborough next month, though.  I hope you can come!   smutbythesea.co.uk for more info.

What am I Working On?

I've actually finished writing the last book in my Sirens and Sailors series, so just working on final edits for the sixth book, Sacrifices of the Siren, this week.  My work in progress is something entirely different for me, this is a story about a gay billionaire cowboy who is struggling to impress his father while hiding his sexuality from him.

 

What am I Reading?

I've recently started re-reading Tatum Throne's Rough Riders  series, which is a brilliant read if you like MM Cowboy Romance.  I've started (naturally) with the first in series, Branding Alex.  Here's a little about it:

Branding Alex (MM)
Rough Riders 1

By: Tatum Throne | Other books by Tatum Throne
Categories: Erotic Romance, Alternative (M/M or F/F), BDSM, Contemporary, Western/Cowboys
Word Count: 33,094
Heat Level: SEXTREME
Published By: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.

Branding Alex (MM)


[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Consensual BDSM Cowboy Romance, M/M, spanking, sex toys, HEA]
Border Agent Alex Warren is in an elite Homeland Security Unit, code named Rough Riders. Lance Moss is a cowboy who has reluctantly opened his land to the government. When Alex is embedded on Lance’s land, things become intense.
For the first time in Alex’s life, he’s out of his element. He dominates his professional life but longs to be a submissive in the bedroom. As he lives, works, and protects the border on Lance’s property, he finds himself falling for the devastating cowboy.
Alex is no cowboy. Cowboys don’t go jogging without a shirt every morning. Lance is a Dom in need of a sub who loves ropes, riding crops, and spanking as much as he does. One passionate kiss leads to a fiery affair that Lance doesn’t want to end. Lance is a Dom who only wants Alex as his sub.
Will Alex realize that he has everything he ever wanted before it’s too late?
A Siren Erotic Romance

Bella's Review

Great story about two guys finding love in unlikely circumstances.  This book is extremely well-written, with humour, a great story-line and lots of really hot sex scenes.  I particularly loved the vulnerability of both Alex and Lance.  Both characters are written sympathetically, making it hard not to like them both.  I'd recommend this book to anyone who is either into cowboy romance, or just fancies a bit of a change.

 

What's Next?

On Wednesday I've got KB Gardner on Writing; The Alphabet talking about ADD and how it affects being a writer.  Thursday this week sees the launch of Secrets of the Siren, which is the fifth book in the Sirens and Sailors series, and on Friday my guest for Meet the Author will be the lovely Elle Boone.

 Hope you have a great week, and enjoy whatever you're reading and/or writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment