My guest today for Meet the Author is Tina Donahue. Usually this post would go out on a Friday, but we are running it a day early this week just so that readers can take advantage of a 10% discount on Tina's latest release and also be in with a chance to win one of her amazing books.
Let's start by finding out a little about Tina.
Tina Donahue Bio
Tina Donahue is an award-winning, bestselling novelist in erotic, paranormal, contemporary and historical romance for Samhain Publishing, Ellora’s Cave, Siren Publishing, and Kensington. Booklist, Publisher’s Weekly, Romantic Times and numerous online sites have praised her work. Three of her erotic romances (Adored, Lush Velvet Nights, and Deep, Dark, Delicious) were named finalists in the 2011 EPIC competition. The French review site, Blue Moon reviews, chose her erotic romance Sensual Stranger as their Book of the Year 2010 (erotic category). The Golden Nib Award at Miz Love Loves Books was created specifically for Lush Velvet Nights, and two of her titles (The Yearning and Deep, Dark, Delicious) received an Award of Merit in the RWA Holt Medallion competition (2011 and 2012). Take Me Away and Adored both won second place in the NEC RWA contest (different years). Tina is featured in the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market. She was the editor of an award–winning Midwestern newspaper and worked in Story Direction for a Hollywood production company.
Getting to know you;
- What is your favourite food?
- Chocolate, hands down.
- Satin or lace underwear?
- Sum yourself up in three words.
- Persistent. Fair. Laid-back.
- Do you have any hobbies (excluding writing)?
- What sort of music do you prefer?
- Soft rock and country. I love Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, LeAnn Rimes, Carrie Underwood.
- How many books have you written?
- More than 30.
- What kind of books do you like to read/who is your favourite author?
- I like all genres. My fave author is a cross between Margaret Atwood (The Handmaid’s Tale) and Steig Larsson (The Millennium Trilogy – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest)
- Sum up your writing in three words.
- Heat with Heart.
- What inspired you to start writing?
- Can’t say. I’ve been writing since I was nine. I completed my first book then and illustrated it. After making copies, I sold it to my friends’ parents. My first book tour. J
- If you didn’t write erotic fiction, what other genre do you think you would write?
- Suspense. Thrillers.
Latest Release by Tina Donahue
Blurb for This Time When We Touch:
Fate has cruelly torn them apart through the centuries…
Endless desire and unparalleled love will bring them together a final time.
Through numerous reincarnations, Jade Jacome has adored one man. His love for her has repeatedly led to her murder, always on the same day and time. Jade’s scientific research proves this is their final rebirth, her last chance to outwit destiny and fulfill their passion. Against a backdrop of Brazil’s lushly decadent Carnaval, Jade has forty-eight hours to meet and tempt her lover, now known as Patrick Kane, then break fate’s deadly pattern.
Irresistibly drawn to Rio, Patrick senses Jade’s yearning that matches his. Seeing her again, time stops. Though they’ve never met in this life, he feels their connection, and that she’s in danger because of him. Baffled and unsettled, Patrick resists his attraction to Jade to keep her safe.
In a contest of wills and shameless seduction, Jade must gamble all, even her life, before the anniversary of their first separation or risk losing Patrick forever.
AVAILABLE: Thursday, July 17th
This title is offered at a 10% discount. Offer ends midnight CST, July 24th
What seemed to be love flared in the woman’s green eyes, further softening her features. A welcoming smile broke across her delicate mouth, creating two dimples.
Pure wonder overcame him. He couldn’t look at her enough to satisfy his lust, heart, and soul.
Reddish-brown hair, shiny and thick, cascaded down her back, the tendrils around her exquisite face wiggling in the wind. Her slender throat bobbed gently with her swallow. Even before he looked, he knew three moles circled her navel, the marks he’d been looking for.
It didn’t make sense. None of this did.
For some reason, he expected her to be wearing a yellow gown, elegant and modest in design.
Clothed in a thong the locals called fio dental or dental floss, she seemed unaware or unconcerned that its bronze color matched her skin, creating an illusion of nudity. The tips of her nipples strained against the stretchy fabric that barely contained her full breasts. No more than a scrap of cloth hid her cunt from him and not very well. The Lycra revealed the outline of her slit that led to her hot, wet sheath.
His lungs burned for air. Steadying himself, he dug his toes in the mud, feeling the bite of sand instead. Surprised and confused, he looked down.
Her voice whispered in his mind, “Esta vez cuando tocamosa.”
The words lingered, chasing away the remaining sounds until they disappeared, leaving a heavy silence. He managed a swallow and a shallow breath that left him hungry for more. Lifting his face, he stared at her, tenderness overwhelming him. Her voice, her promise echoed in his thoughts.
Esta vez cuando tocamosa. This time when we touch.
Hope roared through him with the arrogance of youth, followed by a broken man’s despair. He stopped lifting his hand to invite her closer. Unease crept through him. A warning rang in his mind to keep his distance, to do everything he could to keep her safe.
Above, a gull cried out, interrupting his apprehension, bringing with it the other sounds. Women laughed, men boasted, children shrieked. The reality and normalcy of the beach intruded.
Unsteady, Patrick blinked. What in the hell was happening?
Rubbing water from his eyes, he didn’t immediately look up, concerned that she’d vanished. That she hadn’t been real to begin with.
Her patient gaze told him how wrong he was. She regarded him as though no one else existed.
Patrick’s chest pumped with his erratic breaths. Blood flowed to his groin. His cock thickened painfully wanting inside her sweet cunt.
Just as he was about to act on impulse and go to her, a man from behind caught Patrick’s attention. He looked to be in his early thirties. Although she seemed unaware of him, he stared at her naked ass and legs, his attention more than appreciative. It was fucking possessive, possibly jealous. The kind of prick who talked with his fists to keep a woman in line.
Patrick went hot with outrage, his only thought to see that she was safe. He crossed the beach, stopping directly in front of her. She lifted her face to his, her expression guileless, brimming with what seemed to be adoration.
Baffled…grateful, he recalled her voice in his mind. Or what he thought had been her voice.
This time when we touch.
He remembered his concern, the insane idea that he had to protect her. From the guy behind her? Some other man? Or from himself?
The thought should have struck him as crazy, but he couldn’t dismiss it. Taking a step back, Patrick asked what he had to know but was afraid to face. “Who are you?”
Connect with Tina Donahue
FB Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/TinaDonahueBooks
Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/tinadonahue
Please leave a comment. Tina will be choosing one winner randomly from the comments section. The winner gets her choice of one of Tina’s backlist ebooks – FIFTEEN IN ALL – contemporary, paranormal, suspense, ménage. From this list:
1. Adored – RWA award-winning; EPIC 2011 Finalist; 4 Stars RT
2. Deep, Dark, Delicious – EPIC 2011 Finalist; Holt Medallion Award of Merit
3. Lush Velvet Nights – EPIC 2011 Finalist; Golden Nib Award
4. In His Arms – SIX 5 Star Reviews; 4 Stars RT
5. Sensual Stranger – 2010 Book of the Year (erotic); 4 Stars RT
6. The Yearning – Top Ten Bestseller
7. Take Me Away – #1 Pick, Miz Love Loves Books
8. Unending Desire – Best Book Rating LASR
9. SiNN – Nominated for Book of the Week LASR
10. Sinfully Wicked – Magnificent – Romancing the Book
11. Claiming Magique – Top Pick – NOR
12. Illicit Desire – Four Stars Romantic Times
13. Come Fill Me – Five Stars – Guilty Pleasures
14. Losing Control - Four and a Half Stars - Sensual Reads
15. Shameless Desire - Four and Half Stars - The Jeep Diva
Thank you so much, Tina for being my guest today, it's been wonderful getting to know you.
Join me again on Monday to find out what's happening in Bella's World. Until then have a great weekend and enjoy whatever you are reading and/or writing.