Monday 25 August 2014

Tea With PANDAS




Hi there and welcome to Bella’s World.

Last week I went along to help out with a local charity fun day, and was so enamoured that I wanted to tell you about it.  It may seem a little unusual to find an author of raunchy romance blogging about a charity, but this is one which is very close to my heart and one which I’m sure will strike a chord in a lot of my readers – after all, we are all human.  Incidentally, the subject of postnatal depression is lightly touched on in the last book in my Sirens and Sailors series, Sacrifices of the Siren. I sincerely hope that you might take a look at what I have discovered about this little-known foundation, and that you might bear them in mind if you or anyone you know is suffering from pre or postnatal depression.  Even if you are not directly affected, you might like to consider volunteering to help in some way – they are a really friendly bunch!



PANDAS Foundation (Pre and Postnatal Depression Advice and Support) was set up in 2011 to help individuals and their families suffering from pre and postnatal illnesses.  It was actually set up by a couple who experienced the illness and needed support.  Finding resources in the NHS seriously stretched, they decided to offer support themselves.
They work alongside health professionals to offer support and advice to sufferers through their UK wide team.  They have a Helpline 0843 2898401, offer email support and have support groups across the UK.
One of their aims to raise awareness of the conditions – which affect men as well as women – and let sufferers know that there is someone they can turn to for help.  They have fundraising events to support the work of the foundation, and are in need of more volunteers. 
High-profile actress, singer and presenter Denise Welch was speaking at the event held last week at Mereside Community Centre, Shrewsbury.  She told of her own experience with the illness and empathised with those who are currently suffering.  Denise has offered the foundation all the support they need and is proud to be the patron for the cause.  I found her to be a lovely, caring lady, and she gladly took a copy of my ‘Sirens and Sailors’ book – after all, she is famous for being on the ‘Loose Women’ show! ;)
The Lady Mayoress also spoke at the event, offering local support and encouragement to the foundation, and praising their great efforts.
If you, like me, feel inspired to help this wonderful charity, check out their fundraising and volunteering information at www.pandasfoundation.org.uk when you can also find out more about them and their work.

What’s Next?



I’ve now seen the cover block for the print version for Submission of the Siren which will shortly be released in paperback.  I love this cover and am really excited to see the book ‘in the flesh’! This is the third in my Sirens and Sailors serial.  If you like the idea of a handsome Dom and a bit of light BDSM then this is the book for you!



Join me again on Wednesday when I will be chatting to Jasmine Alexander about Dominance, as well as her latest release, and on Friday my guest for ‘Meet the Author’ will be KD Austin.  Until then have a great week and enjoy whatever you are reading and/or writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment