Saturday 21 November 2015

NaNoWriMo - A Quick Update

Hi there

Just checking in to let you know where I'm at. In case you didn't know, November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), an opportunity for professional and amateur writers from all over the world to attempt to write 50000 words in a continuous piece of work between 1st and 30th November.

This is the first year I have taken part and I've been amazed at the sense of camaraderie between fellow writers. Of course, you can't personally be in touch with everyone taking part, but you can connect with your chosen authors through the NaNo site, and, of course through social media.As we're all making the same journey everyone is full of encouragement and tips. Invaluable! The site also offers updates on the progress of writers in different regions and peptalks by email from various writers, offering inspiration and hints.

At the time of writing this I have reached nearly 42000 words and am hopeful of reaching my goal on time, despite not having added to my wip (work in progress) for the past couple of days. The hardest part for me is not editing my work (that job is supposed to be left until December) as I am used to editing as I write, not only to keep myself on track but also to avoid a massive job next month (I hate editing!)

Alongside my NaNoWriMo novel (a cowboy Erotic Romance), I have completed and submitted another cowboy romance (contract pending) and completed edits on my latest 'Men of Moone Mountain' novel, 'Menage at the Mode Boutique' which is due for release very shortly. I have also finished and submitted a short story and worked on yet another wip. Never a dull moment:)

I'd love to hear from you if you're currently, or have, taken part in NaNoWriMo. In the meantime I'd better get back to writing...

Take care


No comments:

Post a Comment