Monday 2 June 2014

Lots of Bondage this week...

Hi there

Welcome to another week in Bella's World.  As it's the start of a new month we're moving on up the alphabet with the Wednesday series Writing; The Alphabet.  This week begins 'B' is for Bondage so look out for some interesting opinions, tips and information on that!  Friday is 'Meet the Author' day and this week we'll be meeting Jane Wallace-Knight.

On a personal note, this Friday I have an appointment with my oncologist to discuss a recent mammogram.  If you read my article on my breast cancer last month you will appreciate what a nail-biting week it's going to be for me.  I am very proud that two of my sisters took part in their local 'Race for Life' yesterday to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research, one ran and the other was a marshall.  Unfortunately, following my recent procedure on both breasts I was not well enough to go along and support them as planned, but managed to meet up with one of them afterwards who told me the event went really well and everyone had a lot of fun, which was great to hear!

This week I will be working on the second in my series of cowboy romance stories.  This one is MM and although I've just reached 55,000 words I'm still researching and making edits as I go.  It's a fun story to write.

What am I Reading?

I've just finished a brilliant book by a new writer, Suzy Shearer.  This one is called The Club: Bound and, as you might have guessed takes place in a BDSM club.  Here's a little about it:


The Club: Bound (MF)

The Club: Bound (MF)

By: Suzy Shearer | Other books by Suzy Shearer | Notify me of Suzy Shearer's new releases
Categories: Erotic Romance, BDSM, Contemporary
Word Count: 26,542
Heat Level: SEXTREME
Published By: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.

http://www.bookstrand.com/the-club-bound


[Siren Allure: Erotic Consensual BDSM Romance, ménage elements, public exhibition, paddling, whipping, wax play, leather fetish, HEA]
Lisa Day's first experience in The Club excites her—until she discovers she performed in front of an audience with a stranger, all as a result of a lost bet. How could this attractive man just walk away after he bound her and had sex with her?
Will Lisa be able to forgive Paul Rowley for leaving her in front of the entire Club, or will she turn her back on the one man who has the ability to make her lose all inhibitions and drive her to amazing sexual heights?
Can Paul convince Lisa that she is the only woman for him? That he was a fool and if she will just give him one chance he will prove his love for her?


Bella's Review

I thoroughly enjoyed this book as it was quite different from a lot of BDSM books out there.  The heroine is 55 years old, self-concious, plump and doesn't consider herself in the least bit attractive.  The hero is 48 and has grey hair and a goatie beard.  After our heroine, Lisa, has 'played' with Paul in front of the whole club, he whips off her blindfold - thus revealing it was he who she had just had sex with, and not the club owner as she had been lead to believe - and then just walks away from her.  The description of her reaction and feelings is very heart-felt and, in my opinion, realistic.

Apart from some fantastic sex scenes, the story has lots of emotion and a pinch of suspense, leading to a terrific, horrifying climax which is very well-written and descriptive.  I can't believe this book has been written by a new author, but I know that Ms Shearer has just released her second book in the series which is already a best-seller in its category, and I'm sure we can look forward to lots more from her.

What's Next?

Join me on Wednesday for the first in this month's Writing; The Alphabet series for our first article on 'B' is for Bondage.  Until then have a great week and enjoy whatever you are reading and/or writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment