Monday 1 September 2014

Feedback Wanted

Hi  there

As well as writing Cowboy Romances at the moment I'm also writing a series based around the people working in the restaurant of a BDSM club.  In order to make it more authentic I am finding myself using a lot of waiting on jargon.  I'd be grateful for some feedback here about how readers feel about jargon in this type of book - does it add reality to the story or does it make it more difficult to read?  I intend to add a list of phrases and their meanings just for clarification purposes - do you have any thoughts on this?  Will it be irritating or helpful, do you think?

I'm hoping that parts of the series may strike a chord with anyone who has ever worked in the waiting on industry.  The restaurant in the series is quite classy, offering silver service to members of the exclusive BDSM club.  This will lead to a few quite interesting conversations around the dinner table  ;)

I'd love to know if you have any thoughts on the topic, so please leave a comment below.


Coming Up


Join me again on Wednesday when my Writing; The Alphabet series continues with a piece about Erotica/Erotic Romance by Andrew Jericho.  We will also be finding out about Andrew's latest release, so don't forget to pop in for that.

On Friday I am hoping to launch my first Cowboy Romance, 'Menage on Moone Mountain'.  I am very excited about this release as it is also my first book with Etopia Press.  Writing with a different publisher brings its own challenges as everyone works differently and it is a learning curve to get used to different ideas and house styles, as well as timings and the dreaded red tape.

Until then have a great week and enjoy whatever you are reading and/or writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment