Friday 25 April 2014

Meet the Author - Kelsie Belle









Hi there

Welcome to my new Friday blog in which we will be meeting various authors.  My guest today is the wonderfully talented, Kelsie Belle, whose latest release, ‘Playing for Keeps’ will be featured on my Monday slot, ‘Bella’s World’ as a review very shortly, as I am currently reading it – and let me tell you I’m loving it!

So let’s find out some more about Kelsie Belle…

Kelsie Belle wears many hats – wife, mother and teacher are just a few. But the erotic romance writer hat is by far her favorite. She has been a storyteller for as long as she can remember, her characters live inside her overactive mind and a thousand stories come to life in her head every day. She’s been writing down her sweet romances ever since she was a teenager but in her early twenties, Ms. Belle became interested in erotic romance novels and her own stories took a turn for the sensual since then.
Kelsie is wildly gregarious by nature. She considers herself ‘forever 21’ and enjoys reading contemporary romance, Science fiction and fantasy, listening to music and dancing like there’s no tomorrow. A caffeine addict that lives life from one coffee mug to the next, she’s always on the go, ready and waiting for the next adventure.

Q: What motivated you to start writing?
Telling stories comes naturally to me. I’ve always been able to spin tales out of just about any situation. After reading other people’s work for many years I finally decided to try my hand at the art and didn’t do half bad so I just kept on going.
Q: Why erotic romance?
Well honestly I think of myself as a very sexual person and this is one way in which I can express some of the thoughts and feelings that have nowhere to fit in my ordinary life.
Q: Do you find it easy to write the steamy scenes?
Nothing about writing is easy but I simply lose myself in the situation, let my imagination wander and picture it happening in my head then write down what I see. I find it easier to stick to the traditional MF coupling but I wouldn’t rule out ever writing a MFM or FMF ménage one day.
Q: Would you say that there is an element of yourself in the characters you write?
Oh yes, definitely. I can identify with all the heroines in my stories. They all embody a piece of my own personality and the heroes are basically the stuff my fantasies are made of.
Q: Your stories explore the darker side of love. Why is this so?
I find it more interesting to write characters that are multidimensional. Characters that have been through something severe that helped to shape their personalities and define their attitudes. I find that the angst and tension these characters bring to the story makes reading about them way more fun.
Q: Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
Just about anywhere - songs, people around me, items on the news etc. I can think about an issue, observe a situation, or even hear about an incident that triggers the plot of a story in my head.
Q: Being a wife, mother and teacher must be very demanding of your time. How do you find space for writing in your busy schedule?
I’m a nocturnal writer. I have my secluded area where no one can disturb me that I retreat to at night when the kids are in bed. I take a note book with me during the day so that if ideas come to me while I’m not in writing mode I can jot them down to work into my plot when I sit down to write at night.
Q: What are your other interests besides writing?
Reading first and foremost, listening to music, playing word games (I’m a demon at scrabble). I love travelling, going to the movies and occasionally hitting a night club with friends.

Kelsie Belle’s Latest Release:


Left broken and bleeding, night club owner and accountant Cassidy Samson did her best to pick up the pieces of her broken self and move on with her life. She vowed never to let anyone get close to her heart again…until the potent force of a pair of green eyes threatens to bring her to her knees.

        Hired as the new guitarist in the band at the Escape Lounge, Cameron Chase is intrigued and aroused by Cassidy’s tough-as-nails attitude and sets out to barrel through the formidable wall she has constructed around her heart, to get to the real woman behind the façade. He agrees to play by her rules in a reckless game of lust in hopes of finding love.
        But will Cam be able to chase away the demons of Cassidy’s past that threaten to consume her? Will his love be strong enough to make her whole again?


Excerpt

“Need some help?” That sensual baritone was enough to make my knees buckle, almost sending me crashing face down on the pavement. God help me! It was all I could do not to fall on my knees and worship that hallowed sound.
“Uh, um. No, it’s fine. Just trying to find my keys in the rubble. Thanks for asking though.” I blushed at the way my voice stuttered like a stupid schoolgirl with her first crush.
“Sure thing,” he said but didn’t walk away as I expected him to. I stood there foolishly looking at him for a few seconds until I caught myself and began my search once more. Finally, I located those darn troublemakers and let out a ragged breath I hadn’t known I was holding.
“Finally!” I screamed with a mixture of frustration and relief, looking up at him.
He smiled that rugged bad-boy smile, hands in the pockets of his snug jeans. “Good for you.”
“Ah yea. Thanks for waiting with me, see ya.” I gave a little wave and half turned to take the remaining steps to my car.
“So you’re seriously calling it a night already?” The question stopped me dead in my tracks.
“What’s it to you?” I countered saucily, turning back to face him.
“Not a damn thing,” he replied with shrug. “Just curious. You don’t strike me as the kinda woman that usually goes to bed before dawn.”
“Really?” I drawled drily. “All that from a two days acquaintance and a few noncommittal conversations?”
“I’m usually a good judge of character,” He responded cryptically.
“Hmm. And what kinda woman do I strike you as, Mr. Chase?” The exasperation was clear in my sharp tone.
“Cam, please.”
“Okay…Cam. Shoot, let’s hear it.”
 “Let’s see, seemingly tough exterior, cynical and stubborn. You put on a great show of being independent and strong. You like people to think of you as unapproachable so they don’t get too close to see that underneath it all you’re really just a fragile little girl, scared of God knows what,” he stated without inflection.
My breath caught in my lungs at his completely accurate description of who I had become and then came rushing out in short, shallow gasps for air. My hands felt clammy and the hair on the back of my neck tingled. I bristled just a little.
“You don’t know shit!” I shot at him and started toward my car again.
Two long strides brought him to my side in an instant. “And you love to run—run away and hide like a frightened little mouse,” he added, sounding amused.
I turned the full force of my withering expression to his face. I had to arch my neck a little because at a few inches over six feet tall he was quite a bit taller than I was. Raw masculine power emanated from his body as he stared back at me from behind his intense green gems. Anger rushed to the forefront of my response system. Who the heck did this guy think he was anyway?
 “Listen, Mr. Psychoanalyst, you don’t know me from Adam, okay, so don’t go making your little half-baked assumptions about who I am and what my habits are. You’re so way off base it’s pathetic!”
“Off base, huh?” He gave that knowing smirk and shrugged his shoulders effortlessly, totally unaffected by my outburst. “Okay fine, so I don’t know you. How about you give me the chance to get to know you then?”
I inhaled sharply, was he seriously checking me out? Was this a pickup? Was he out of his Goddamn mind? I’m his boss for fuck sake!
“Er, excuse me?” I sought clarification, at a loss as to what else to say.
“I like you,” he stated simply. “You’re an enigma, I find that extremely fascinating. All I’m asking is for a chance to get to figure out the puzzle you represent to me.”
I groaned. I was going to settle this right now. As much as he was by far the most fuckable piece of male flesh I had come across in a very long while, I wasn’t about to go there with someone I worked with ever again. The unpleasantness that existed between Jay and I was a true testament of what a total mistake that would be.
“That’s all well and good, Mr. Chase. However, this is a place of business and I would appreciate it if you endeavored to keep this relationship on a strictly professional level,” I spat at him scathingly.
Again he offered that easy grin. “Feisty, I like it. Always loved a woman with some spirit.”
Shit, I need to get out of here fast! “And you’re not listening to me…”
“Don’t worry, I heard you loud and clear, Ms. Samson. Place of business, strictly professional—got it. I guess we’ll see, huh?” He flashed me his most devastatingly sweet smile yet and cocked his head to the side. I bristled a little more and opened my mouth to respond but he continued, “Be safe getting home, and sweet dreams.” With that he turned and walked swiftly away, leaving me gawking after his retreating figure.

Adult Excerpt

I watched her as she came out of her bedroom wearing a simple cotton short-sleeved purple nightshirt, buttoned up at the front. It rested just below her hips, giving me an eye full of her creamy thighs. My cock throbbed at the tantalizing sight. Fuck but she was sexy!
“Do you need anything?” she asked, leaning against the wall, playing with a lock of her hair that had fallen into her face. I wasn’t in the mood for games, my cock had been hard and pulsing for hours. My only focus now was sinking its hard length into her warmth and getting off in spectacular fashion.
“Only you,” I told her, rising to my feet and stalking to her slowly. I grabbed her hand and yanked her hard against my body, crushing my greedy mouth over hers. She gasped in surprise but moaned as I thrust my tongue down her throat. I bit her bottom lip, dragging it between my teeth. Then I licked the tender flesh causing her to whimper helplessly. She reached for the hem of my Polo shirt, lifting it over my head in one smooth motion. I backed her up against the wall using my knee to brace her legs apart. My hand reached down to yank the nightshirt up to her waist and shifted her bikini panties aside so I could sink one finger and then another into her moist heat.
“Ahhhh…” She groaned as I began to move my fingers back and forth, sinking them into her before dragging them out to massage her clit.
“So fucking wet for me.” I groaned into her ears as she writhed on my fingers, urging me on.
“Take the shirt off,” I instructed her. She seemed so dazed that she didn’t respond to me. “Take it off, Cass, unless you want me to destroy it!”
My words spurred her into action and she brought her hands up to undo the small buttons of her shirt with slightly trembling fingers. I continued to fuck her with my hand and her pussy clenched around my fingers each time they thrust inside, juice oozing down my hand. I looked her in the eyes as I removed my hand from her sweet cunt and brought it to my lips, sucking her honey from my fingers. She cried out, throwing the shirt on the floor behind her. My head dipped to devour her succulent breasts, small and firm in my hands. I flicked my tongue across her nipples, then captured each nub in my mouth to suckle on them.
“Fuck! Ahhh…” She bucked against the wall.
“Lift your leg, tiger. I need to taste that pussy,” I told her, my voice gravelly with my need. I lowered my body before her and hoisted her left leg over my shoulder, exposing her cunt. Her fingers tangled in my hair almost painfully as I ran my tongue through her wet slit. She tasted of lust and fucking need, her fragrance was the heady spice of a woman in heat.

Buy links:

Follow me on twitter: @mskelsiebelle

I'd like to thank Kelsie Belle for being my guest today, and wish her all the best with her future projects.

Join me again on Monday when I will be reviewing a book which I read recently, ‘Grace’s Cowboys’ by Jasmine Alexander.  Until then, enjoy whatever you’re reading and/or writing at the moment.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment