Tuesday 1 November 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 and Me

 Hi there,

National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo, is held in November every year and provides a massive incentive for writers  and would-be writers  to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

Last year I took part for the first time and managed to pen a little over 53,000 words (the aim is to reach 50,000 words by the end of the month with any more being a bonus). The work was a Cowboy Romance which has since been added to and improved and will be published as the first of a series, hopefully at the beginning of next year.

This year I'm writing another book in my 'The Cowboys of Cavern County' series (Totally Bound Publishing) and using NaNoWriMo as an opportunity to lay down at least the first 50,000 words of a story I've been itching to write.

Unfortunately, my first day hasn't quite gone to plan, as ill  health prevented me from writing for most of the day. I did, however, manage to lay down 1,289 words which I'm really pleased with and looking forward to adding to tomorrow.

Wish me luck....

🤗

1 comment:

  1. Hello! It was lovely meeting you at SASE last weekend, how are you getting on with NaNoWriMo? I am just over 15k now...

    ReplyDelete