Tuesday 22 July 2014

BLOG HOP

Hi there

An extra post this week as I'm taking part in Michelle Roth's blog hop.  I was invited by a lovely lady who I had a guest on my blog a while ago, Suzy Shearer.  Let's find out a little about her.

Suzy is single and lives in Sydney Australia's Western Suburbs with one very spoiled dog and two equally spoiled cats to keep her company. Her books always feature older heroes and heroines; ranging from mid 40s to 60s.
She believes that being older does not mean we are not intriguing, desirable, open to challenges and willing to experiment. Sexy isn't just for the under 30s.
When she is not writing, she is painting. An accomplished Artist, her passion is watercolours and her subject matter ranges from portraits and animals to nudes and seascapes.Oh yes … she also has a penchant for crazy coloured hair - pinks, purples and even rainbowed - and for tattoos!Visit her at Website: http: //suzyshearer.wix.com/suzy



http://suzyshearer.blogspot.com.au/


My Bio:

Bella’s love of writing started at a very young age.  While at Junior School, she was once asked to write a story that was to be displayed on the window due to lack of wall space (remember Portakabins?)  Unfortunately, once she gets going she tends to run with an idea right up until the conclusion – and it has to have a happy ending!  The story was so long it covered several windows and caused a blackout in the tiny classroom!
She is British and lives in the beautiful English countryside with one of her three gorgeous daughters and her wonderful husband, often referred to as her “current husband” just to keep him on his toes! 
They live in a big haunted house therefore Bella’s housework is never done as the ghost keeps moving things around - the bedroom isn’t the only place where things go bump in the night ;)
Open top cars and country music are among Bella’s favourite things and her fondness of shopping is only surpassed by her love of Châteauneuf-du-pape.

Bella would love to hear from her readers.  Connect with her at:



What are you Working On?

Apart from edits for 'Menage at Midnight', a new cowboy romance I've written for Etopia Press, I'm in the middle of writing the first book in another brand new series set in a BDSM club.  This one follows the staff who work there, which I thought would make a nice change to the usual stories about members of the club.

How does your work Differ from others in your Genre?

Although there are several writers of Erotic Romance (thank goodness!) I think we all write differently to each other, such is being human.  My first series, 'Sirens and Sailors' was a story based on a myth but set in the future.  I think it differed from a lot of current stories because it retold the legend of the Sirens from a different perspective (theirs) and there aren't that many books out there about Sailors at present.  My new series, which I've just started writing, is about staff who work in a BDSM club - often stories focus on club members (forgive the pun!).  I like to include a strong storyline too, rather than a means to string together a lot of sex scenes - although, of course, sex is included.;)

Why do you Write what you Write?

I write the stories I like to read.  I love the idea of ménage so I like to include it somewhere in a series.  I also like to mix things up a bit, as I would become bored if all heroines were pathetic females and all the heroes were flawless. I like to have a mixture of strong and weaker characters, because it is more true to life, and my heroes have to make mistakes to prove they are human.  Even in fantasy you need to make characters believable.

How does Your Writing Process Work?

I'll often get an idea for one series or story while I'm writing something totally different.  While writing 'Sirens and Sailors' I came up with a plot for a cowboy ménage with an MM storyline and wrote the first draft before I'd finished 'Sacrifices of the Siren'.  While concentrating on the final draft for the cowboy story I had some great ideas for the BDSM club story.  I will often get up early in the morning to type up story ideas which have just occurred to me, so a lot of my first ideas and drafts are written while I am still in my pyjamas!  I love to write while I am alone in the house, and often have conversations with my characters just to get their 'feel' right.  Once the first draft is down on paper (or rather, computer screen), I prefer to put it to one side for at least a few days before I start editing it.  That way I can come to it with fresh eyes and be a little more objective.



Blog Hop link:  As the last in the hop (I believe) I am linking back to Michelle:

http://michelleroth.net/




No comments:

Post a Comment